Bolt Action: KV1/2 Plastic Box Set
The KV1/2 plastic box is absolutely crammed packed with the might of mother Russia:
- Enough plastic components to create one tank body and both complete turret variants (KV-1 turret and KV-2 turret)!
- A detailed construction booklet.
- A set of full-colour waterslide decals to allow you to put the finishing touches on your tank.
- A squad of 8 infantry that double-up as tank riders!
- A blast, smoke and fire marker to allow that cinematic touch.
- A stat card for either tank which holds all the information you need for your Bolt Action battles.
The KV-1 Heavy Tank
The KV-1 is a huge monster of a vehicle weighing at 45 tonnes it was one of Russia's first heavy breed of tanks used within the second world war, it was famed for it's near impregnability. The German anti-tank weaponry of the time had nearly no way of penetrating its armour, only the lack of training and manoeuvrability allowing it to fall foul of superior German tactics.
Their size allowed KV-1s to literally crush anything beneath its giant treads, firing lines and encampments were abandoned on the sheer sight of it. The 76.2mm cannon still punched through any of the current German armour, so during 1941, it was nigh-unstoppable.
The KV-1 set the example of how a heavy tank could or should be, nearly indestructible and to cause terror in their enemy. Over the following years it did fall out of favour, but it was used as the base for the next generation of heavy tanks.
The KV-2 Self-Propelled Artillery Gun
Developed to be used in conjunction with the KV-1, the KV-2 was developed for close support against infantry, guns and bunkers. Just like the KV-1 it was very heavily armoured and boasted an even greater size with a height of 12 feet(4 meters)!
Armed with a huge 152mm howitzer they primarily became bunker busters, with an operational range of 140 km or 87 miles, you'll leave any enemy quaking in their boots wondering if they can hold out against such a barrage.
Models are unassembled and unpainted.